Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Works-for-me-Wed. - clutter control/guilt control

This is a very simple solution that has made a very big difference in the clutter around our house. I love my children dearly but I don't love all of the stuff they bring in the house. I hate to see their sweet little faces frowning when they find their treasures in Mommy's trashcan (how did THAT get in THERE?). Enter the solution - "The pre-trash". It is a dishtub (ours is green and lives in the family hub - the laundry room). In it goes anything I find laying around that isn't obviously trash (if in question, it goes in the bucket). If one of the precious children are looking for their precious belonging or creation the next morning, I know exactly where to find it. Every few days I can clean it out and trash anything lingering free of Mommy guilt (best to do it after kiddos are in bed and then take it to the curb - out of site - out of mind).

Works for me! Head on back over to ROCKS IN MY DRYER for oodles of ideas!

1 comment:

SAHMmy Says said...

That's a great idea! My son is 4, so most of his drawings are "disposable" but I don't just want to toss them each day. Will try your pretrash method. Thanks!