Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Works-for-me-Wed. - kids clothes

Not only does this easy, peasy idea work for me, it has REVOLUTIONIZED our mornings around here. I have a first grade girl (plus three other kiddos) who has a great sense of style and color and appropriateness ... usually. :) To end the morning battle (and maximize our clothing wear), we use clothespins. Yes, it's almost rocket science. Every Sunday afternoon, chica and I choose outfits (7-10) and clip both hangers together with a clothespin. Every morning she gets to choose ANY of the clipped together outfits. No more struggles - she gets choices; I get my morning back (as well as the night before - we used to try the lay it out - took so much time and conflict - did NOT work for us - limited choices do!).

Head on back over to ROCKS IN MY DRYER for oodles of ideas!

11 comments:

John and Lisa said...

Great idea. I have two very fashion-opinionated daughters! I like the idea of limiting their choices BEFORE we have an argument. Thanks.

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a great idea!!
-Sandy Toes

Unknown said...

This is a very good idea. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Alesha said...

Great idea, my kindergartener is a boy and he really doesn't care what he wears, but I have a little girl and I will definitely use this idea. TFS!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great tip! Found you via Rocks In My Dryer. Glad I did!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

What a great idea! :) At this point, my daughter doesn't really care what she wears, but I'll have to keep this tip in mind.

Blessings,
Michele

Kama said...

That is a GREAT idea! I will have to remember that in the future!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Very good idea - my 2 year old is at the stage where she will ONLY where dresses - she might have to go to a school where they wear uniforms so I don't have to do the morning clothing battle!

MediMonsters said...

Great idea!! TFS

Raise Them Up said...

What a great idea! I have match challenged boys who often come out in the morning with the strangest combinations. Couple that with the fact they pulled it from a corner(instead of a hanger) and you have a look no self-respecting mother would let out of the house. This is definitely worth a try!!

Missy said...

this is good...I am still maintaining a degree of wardrobe control. But I know it is slipping from my grip. I hope I remember this when it finally falls completely!