Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Works-for-me-Wed. - taking meds correctly

With 4 kiddos we have our share of prescription medications around here. To make sure we take it correctly (and dad and I or Granna communicate on who got what when), when I get home with the medicine I get out the masking tape. One piece goes all the way around the medicine bottle and I write the days it needs to be taken with lines to check off when given (2x a day would look like Mon __ __ T __ __, etc. starting on the day we began for the right number of days). Another piece goes right on the medicine syringe at the correct level (i.e. right at the 1/2 t. mark, etc.) with the child's name. I also use a piece of tape to write in big letters FRIDGE or WITH FOOD so we don't forget. Making sure we take all our meds used to be a huge headache around here but this has been fabulous for us. It Works For Me!

2 comments:

Heart of Wisdom said...

Great idea!
really

robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

Mamabug said...

I agree! Great idea. Half of the time I feel like I need a medication record just to keep all the prescription and non-prescription stuff straight for all three!