Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Works-for-me-Wed. - scrapbooking with no time and littles underfoot

What works for me is getting the kids' baby scrapbooks done. I've moved on to digital scrapbooks for our new ones but definitely want to finish what I've started (the cute little toddler in the pic is not my current cute little toddler, that's my almost 1st grader). Plus, I think the lack of a baby book is how one of my sisters convinced the other that we'd ordered her from "Feed the Children". :) I don't have any extended time to get it done and if I would set it out on the dining room table my helpers would come along and artfully re-arrange it all. So, I hung (OK, begged my husband to hang) a magnetic whiteboard (walmart - $15) in a corner of my bedroom wtih a folding table and used my IKEA magnets ($1/set of 4-6). I use little snippets of time to work on a spread and get it exactly how I want it and then just another little snippet of time to glue it down. I'm using the same "snippet of time" strategy to get the digital one going.



Works for me! Head on back over to ROCKS IN MY DRYER for oodles of ideas!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this idea. I have NO SPACE, no time, and 4 little kids without baby books. I might have to try something like this.

Mamabug said...

I love that "feed the children" line. ROTFL

What is digital scrapbooking?

Southern Mom said...

Love this idea. I might try this in our walk-in closet or laundry room. Just have to talk hubby into the idea.

Foxy5 said...

thats a great idea. I just might need to look into that one. My oldest is 5 and his baby book stops when he is 2 weeks old. So much for having it done for his first birthday party. My other kids are 3 and 1. They don't even have baby books. I have a lot of work to do. Maybe it will be done in time to give as a wedding gift.

Audra Marie said...

What a brilliant idea! I'm going to have to put this one in motion for sure! Thanks a bunch. :) This is perfect to keep it away from little fingers. :)

http://adashofsassitude.com/

ohhollyf said...

I love the name of ur blog.